Hulu has a reservoir of content that you can stream in your leisure time by sitting at your comfort zone! What are you waiting for then? You can stream trending movies on Hulu on Apple TV, such as Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Palm Springs, Parasite, Top Gun: Maverick, Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, and Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness.
Let’s make your mind free from thoughts by showing you how to get started.
How to Watch Hulu On Apple TV (4 Simple Steps)
You can watch Hulu on Apple TV by following these steps:
- Visit the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for the “Hulu app” in the App Store and click to install it.
- Open the Hulu app after installing it and log in using your credentials.
- whoopee! You can easily access Hulu on Apple TV to stream your favourite shows.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Hulu on Apple TV in geo-blocked regions?
If you try to watch Hulu on Apple TV from outside the US, you’ll need to use a VPN due to licensing restrictions. Hulu is only available in the US region.
A VPN changes your IP address and encrypts your traffic, which will allow you to bypass geo-restriction and access content that would otherwise be unavailable to you. By connecting to a VPN server in the US, you can make it appear as if you’re accessing Hulu from inside the country.
This will not only allow you to stream Hulu Outside US, but also unblock Hulu in Australia, Hulu in Mexico and Hulu in Philippines as well.
How to Watch Hulu On Apple TV (Geo-Blocked Location)
As Hulu is geo-restricted outside the US region, You will need a reliable VPN to access it outside USA.
Here is how you can watch Hulu on Apple TV:
- Sign up for a reliable VPN service. [We highly recommend ExpressVPN]
- After signing up, download the VPN app on your Apple TV.
- Connect to the US server from the servers list.
- Download and open the Hulu app on your Apple TV now.
- Use your Hulu credentials to sign up or log in.
- You are done! You can now binge-watch all of your favorite Hulu shows and movies.
Tested VPN to Watch Hulu on Apple TV [Quick Overview]
Here are the top 3 most Secure VPNs that we have sorted out for you to stream Hulu on Apple TV after testing hundreds:
If you want to watch Hulu on your Android device, ExpressVPN is the best choice. With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimised server locations in the USA, it’s easy to get started. Plus, its price offer of $6.67/month for its yearly package includes 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. And with high-end encryption, you can be sure your connection is secure.
Surfshark is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Hulu on Android, offering 3200+ servers in 60+ countries and 23 highly optimised USA servers and unlimited simultaneous connections. It is one of the most popular VPNs, with over 10 million users worldwide.
NordVPN is a reliable VPN service with over 5,400 servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month, a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. NordVPN has 15 highly optimised servers in the USA for streaming and gaming, making it a great choice for users looking for a fast and reliable VPN connection.
Top 3 Reliable VPNs to Access Hulu on Apple TV [in-depth]
Team Outstream has tested various VPN providers and compiled the best for you. Have a look:
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu on Apple TV
- If you’re an Apple TV user who wants to watch Hulu, ExpressVPN is the best option with over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimised server locations in the USA.
- Total security is provided by ExpressVPN’s 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy, and DNS leak protection.
- It’s one of the most reliable ways to unblock Hulu on your Android device in geo-restricted areas. The monthly cost of ExpressVPN’s 1-year service is $6.67, and you get 3-months extra.
- If you have any trouble getting started with ExpressVPN, their customer support team is available 24/7 to help you out.
- Even though it costs a bit more than others, its performance is exceptional. This more than justifies the cost. ExpressVPN also supports Tor. It also includes a kill switch and does not keep logs.
- Fast & Optimized Servers In 90+ Countries
- Comes dedicated Media Streamer For Streaming
- Ensures Military-Grade Security Encryption
- Works With All Streaming Platforms
- Works in China and the UAE
- Prohibits keep logs details
- Comes with 24/7 live chat support
- A bit costly option
Nord VPN – Largest Server VPN To Unblock Hulu on Apple TV
- NordVPN is the largest server VPN available to unblock Hulu on Apple TV. With over 5400 servers in 59 countries, it provides ample opportunity to find a fast and reliable connection.
- It also uses various tunneling protocols such as PPTP, SSTP, IPSec, and IKEv2 to protect its clients’ online privacy.
- The monthly cost of NordVPN’s 2-year subscription is $4.89.
- With Nord VPN, 6 connections can be active simultaneously.
- To ensure that no IP or DNS information is leaked, it employs AES 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy. Additional features like a kill switch, dedicated streaming mode, and a user-friendly UI make this VPN popular.
- NordVPN is a great choice for anyone looking to unblock Hulu on Apple Tv, Hulu on Android, Smart TV, Chromecast, and other devices.
- Comes with a Huge Number of Servers.
- Features Highly Secure Vpn System
- Works with All Streaming Platforms
- Works in China and the Uae
- Zero Logs Policy
- 24/7 Live Chat Suppor
- Little Expensive
- Drops Connection Sometime
Surfshark – Pocket-friendly VPN to Access Hulu on Apple TV
- Surfshark is a great, affordable VPN to use if you want to access Hulu on your Apple TV.
- The app offers around 3200 servers from 65 different countries, so you’re sure to find a server that meets your needs.
- Surfshark uses the WireGuard tunnelling mechanism to protect your data, making it a safe and reliable choice in the VPN market.
- Plus, it supports unlimited multi-logins, so you can share your account with as many people as you choose.
- So if you’re looking for a cost-effective way to watch Hulu on Apple Tv, Surfshark is worth considering.
- Wallet-friendly VPN Option
- Compatible with all streaming sites
- It comes With Excellent speeds
- Features 24/7 Live Chat Support
- It works in China & UAE
- Follows Zero Log Policy
- Connect With Unlimited device
- Need To Improve Customer Support
How to Setup a VPN on Apple TV for Hulu
Set up a VPN on Apple TV by connecting to ExpressVPN via Smart DNS through the website. Look at the steps below to follow:
Set up SmartDNS on Apple TV via ExpressVPN:
Want to use a SmartDNS service with your Apple TV? You will need to set it up through your ExpressVPN account.
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Select “SmartDNS” from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Click on the “Enable SmartDNS” button.
- Add the SmartDNS to your Apple TV once it’s been activated.
Set up SmartDNS to get Hulu on Apple TV
Look through the below steps to get Hulu on Apple TV via SmartDNS.
- Turn on your Apple TV and go to the Settings menu.
- Select Wi-Fi from the Network menu.
- Then select Configure DNS next to the name of your network.
- Select Manual and type in the two DNS IP addresses that came with your ExpressVPN subscription.
- Restart your Apple TV after clicking “Done.”
- Install Hulu from the App Store and sign in with your credentials.
- Congratulations! Hulu is now available on Apple TV.
How to Get Hulu Live TV on Apple TV?
Assuming you have an Apple TV and a Hulu account, here’s how to get Hulu Live TV on your Apple TV:
- Download the Hulu app from the App Store.
- Open the Hulu app and sign in with your Hulu credentials.
- Select “Live TV” from the main menu.
- Browse the available channels and select the one you want to watch.
- Enjoy Hulu Live TV on your Apple TV!
How much is Hulu on Apple TV?
Hulu offers 5 different pricing plans to its users that are as follows:
- Hulu Basic (monthly) at $5.99 per month.
- Hulu Basic (annual) at $59.99 per year. ($4.99/month)
- Hulu (No Ads) at $11.99 per month.
- Hulu + Live TV at $64.99 per month.
- Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV at $70.99 per month.
How to cancel Hulu subscription on your Apple TV?
If you’re an Apple TV user, and you wish to cancel your Hulu subscription without any hassle, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your Apple TV.
- Go to accounts and choose subscriptions.
- Select Hulu.
- Press the Cancel button.
- You will be asked to confirm your cancellation, and once you do, your Hulu subscription will be automatically canceled.
Which Apple TVs are supported on Hulu?
The following Apple TV devices support Hulu:
- Apple TV (Fourth generation)
- Apple TV 4K
Please note that you cannot watch Hulu on 3rd generation Apple TV and older.
How to Fix Hulu Problems on Apple TV?
If you’re experiencing difficulties with Hulu on your Apple TV, there are a few potential fixes you can try.
1. Update the App:
If Hulu is not supporting your Android device, it might be possible that your application is outdated. Make sure that both Hulu and your VPN software are up to date. If they aren’t, update them and then try streaming Hulu again.
2. Try Changing the Server:
The server to which you’re connected may have gone down. Connecting to other suitable servers may be able to assist you in resolving the issue.
3. Restart VPN:
First, make sure that you’re disconnected from any VPN service that you may be using. Then, restart your VPN and connect to an alternate server. Once you’ve done that, try streaming Hulu again.
4. Reinstall both the apps:
If nothing else works, uninstall and reinstall the Hulu and VPN apps and try watching Hulu again.
5. Clear the Caches:
Clear all the cache, close the application, and try streaming Hulu again.
What to watch on Hulu with Apple TV?
You can get endless movies, shows, and Hulu originals to watch on Hulu with Apple TV. We have gathered the best TV shows and movies for you:
Best Hulu TV Shows
Below is the list of the best Hulu shows to watch on Apple TV:
- American Horror Story (2011-present)
- Hannibal (2013-2015)
- The Mindy Project (2012-2017)
- Nathan for You (2013-2017)
- One Tree Hill (2003-2012)
- 30 Rock (2006-2013)
- Veronica Mars (2004-2019)
- Four Weddings and a Funeral (2019)
- Superstore (2015-2021)
- Only Murders in the Building (2021-present)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013-2021)
Best Hulu Movies
Some of the best Hulu movies to watch on Apple TV:
- Jacinta (2020)
- Summer of Soul (2021)
- The Biggest Little Farm (2018)
- Parasite (2019)
- Changing the Game (2019)
- Minding the Gap (2018)
- Fire Island (2022)
- The Last Tourists (2022)
- Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019)
- Booksmart (2019)
- Deep water (2022)
Hulu Device Compatibility
Hulu is compatible with almost every device, you can check out the list below:
- Android devices (TV, smartphones, and tablets) (Watch Hulu on Android- Internal linking)
- iPhones and iOS (Watch Hulu on iPhone/iOS)
- Apple TV (Hulu on Apple TV-Internal linking)
- Mac (Hulu on Mac- Internal linking)
- Roku (Watch Hulu on Roku-Internal linking)
- LG Smart TV (Watch Hulu on LG Smart TV- Internal linking)
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick (Watch Hulu on Fire TV Stick- Internal linking)
- Samsung TV
- Nintendo Switch (Watch Hulu on Ninetendo- Internal linking)
- VIZIO TVs (Watch Hulu on Vizio TV- Internal linking)
- Xbox (Watch Hulu on Xbox- Internal linking)
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Boxes
Which Apple TV supports Hulu Live?
All fourth generation and above Apple TVs support Hulu Live.
How do I add Hulu to Apple TV 4K?
Here’s how you can get the Hulu app on your Apple TV 4K:
- Go to the Apple App Store.
- Search for the “Hulu” app.
- Select the app and click on Get.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Enjoy Hulu streaming in 4K resolution.
Can I watch Hulu on Apple TV?
Yes, you can watch Hulu on Apple TV by subscribing to any of its plan or if you’re looking to watch Hulu in Malaysia, you must connect to a premium VPN. We suggest ExpressVPN.
Why is Hulu not working on my Apple TV?
If Hulu does not work on your Apple TV, you can try the following solutions:
- Your Hulu app might not be updated. Go to the Apple App Store and update it.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Turn off and on your router.
- Close and restart the Hulu app.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu application.
Why isn’t Hulu available on my Apple TV?
Because you might have the older device of Apple TV. Hulu is supported in Apple TV’s 3rd generation and onward models.
Can’t find the App Store on your Apple TV?
The App Store is not available on Apple TV (3rd generation). If you want to get new apps for your Apple TV, you’ll need to update your device.
Is Hulu free with Apple TV?
Yes, Hulu is free with Apple TV, but in order to have full access to Hulu’s amazing content, you have to buy its subscription.
Can you AirPlay Hulu to Apple TV?
Yes! You can AirPlay Hulu on the advanced Apple TV devices from the 3rd generation and onwards. Simply connect your device to the same Wi-fi connection as your Apple TV and start streaming.
I am sure you have got to know how to watch Hulu on Apple TV in detail. I have made every possible effort to gather the most relevant information regarding how to setup, install, fix errors, and explain the 3 best VPNs you can subscribe to watch Hulu and stream your favorite content. [ExpressVPN is our top choice among them]